Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Who is FiveThous?

     I do not know how many times I have heard this these last few years. This is the question that I hear the most when I hand out my twitter handle or when people see my custom url on Facebook. I myself often wonder when and how this name originated, but I like to think it was somewhere around my junior year of college. At this time in my life my roommates and myself were partying quite a bit and I had noticed that as the night progressed I tended to become life of the party with my shenanigans and loud mouth. This cocky, confident "monster" that I created had began its manifestation into turning me into the guy I am today.

     This nickname, I believe, came about busting balls with my roommate and good friend Dustin O'Neil. Little did I know at the time it would come to fruition in becoming my full fledged alter ego. It is kind of funny to think about how this transition has happened but at the same time "FiveThous" has really pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me a lot more confident with where I want to go with my life. Now most of you who know me know that I am a pretty reserved first guy when you first met me. (Ok if you have known me for more than one month I know you probably already forgot that.) I have always been a pretty modest guy and content with just getting by doing the minimum. These past couple years have made me realize that I was selling myself and my talents short. I was stuck in this personality of idly sitting sitting there watching everyone else go get what they wanted when I finally realized that I can have that too if I just "sacked up" for lack of a better term. However, as the years have gone by since the revealing of FiveThous, I have kept my core values and have adopted the outgoing, confident, sarcastically charming persona of this alter ego.

     I know at this point you are probably thinking why do I care about your alleged alter ego Eddie, and to be honest I completely understand that. I am a big believer though that if you are not learning as you get older you will get left behind. So this "alter ego" has been a big part of my learning curve these past few years. "FiveThous" has made me stand behind my ideas and also hear and try to understand others which has influenced a lot of what I think about the world and the people in it.

     So for those of you wondering who FiveThous really is, this post was for you. FiveThous is more than an alter ego it was a short and sweet coming of age story of another 20something who did not know what he wanted to do with his life and how now he has an idea of not only what to do with it but how to approach and tackle the situation with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment