Monday, September 19, 2011

Gripes About Moving

We all hate to pack this is a given. However, now as my move gets closer I am looking a little past the packing and figuring out all the other stuff I need to take care of as this move gets closer. The biggest one is closing out my bank account and deciding when I want to do it. This is problematic for a couple reasons the first being I need time to get it closed out and the second is what about my paychecks I have that are direct deposited? I could not think of a single downfall about direct deposit until I came upon the realization that I need a new bank. Also, what do I do with the money I am withdrawing? Do I take it in large bills? Do I take a cashiers check? Do I do a combination of both? The whole process is just pissing me off because of the waste of time this is going to create for me.

The other major gripe I have is what exactly I am going to be bringing down with me. I have a 98 saturn and renting a UHaul is a ridiculously expensive option that I wont even consider. So that leaves me with a couple options in how to approach the situation. I am leaning towards bringing the computer and TV/360/BluRay and a suitcase with some clothes and a suit and having the parents bring everything else down when they come in a couple weeks. The fun part will be sleeping on an air mattress for those couple weeks as well as living out of a suitcase. Does notexactly spell "W I N N I N G" to the opposite sex those first couple weeks I am down there. However it also seems to be the most practical, for those first couple weeks I get by and I don't have to worry about spending any of the savings I have accrued these last few months.

What about all of my readers? Anything you hate about moving?

No comments:

Post a Comment