Wednesday, November 2, 2011

To Hell With Life Plans

You know those people who have deadlines for certain things; like those who need to be married by X or  be in position for certain jobs by X age? Of course you do everyone has at least one of these friends in their life and while I am not picking on them I just have chosen to take a different path. Does living in the moment have its disadvantages? Are there some things I should have planned for better to happen now? Should I have studied more on Thursday nights instead of going to bars when I had exams on Friday? Maybe. But the simple answer I have here and it is one that still defines me as a person is I have a lot of life experiences that I would not trade for the world. Countless people have told me to take my "life adventures" and turn them into a book. While I usually just laugh at this thought it has made me realize that I do in fact take advantage of the moment and despite not being primed to be married anytime soon or have a European sports car by 28 I do live quite an interesting life that many people who have their lives planned wish they could have. 

I have always been the kind of person that believes you can either learn from people or at least use them as a pawn in the game of life. So while I am out having fun and forgoing plan making I still can sit and hold an intelligent conversation about what the future potentially holds for me while at the same time I can show these "planners" how to have a good time in the moment and forget about life and stresses that constantly plague these people. 

It is kind of funny as I write this post because this very characteristic of mine leads a lot of people to resent me when they first meet me. (There is no humble way to put that statement) A lot of people seriously do not get how I can manage to have fun in any situation but as they hang out with me they cannot help but notice at the end of the day they know I can be serious. They know I am someone they want to keep around in their life, even if it is just as a distraction. My laid back personality can give them a break from their current misfortune or shortcomings and I provide the escape. 

The whole point of this post is that you can have a healthy balance in life and that life plans do not always work out so do not get disgruntled if they do not. Just get in contact with me and I guarantee the tequila, beer and witty banter will help you escape your temporary setback to you life plan. Unless, of course, that is not in your life plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment